Page 2 of 3
Mazda 2.0L \  vacuume diagram

vacuume diagram

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 5240
replies 25
following 9

mazdamobber   +1y
So I have figured everything out I think. I must say that the 2200 and the 2000 are similar but was different at the same time. in the diagram it shows a handful of stuff that either isnt there on the 2000 or is going to way different spots. but never the less. I think i have gotten it all back on track. Now if I could get this carb set right I will be in business. somebody has changed all of the carb adjustments by a ton, hopefully I can get them even close to stock... I will browse around on here to see if I cant figure it out.
mazdafvr   +1y
u can start with the air/fuel screw. i know u dont notice much except for idoling but it is important that u get it as close as possible. id screw it all the way in and the back it out untill the rpms quit rising and then another 1/4 to 1/2 a turn. did wonders for my factory carb, and it will help with carbon build up, and may help it run smoother. helped mine. theres really no other way to tune this carb. other than high idol and reg. idol. unless theres an adjustment i dont know about? if so im sure someone will chime in. you could also try replacing or cleaning your 02 sensor as it will automatically throw the computer in limp mode and burn rich and run poor if its not operating properly. but im sure youl get it figured out.
dan woodland   +1y
Hersy69, nice work!!!

I'm glad you go it figured out! Good luck with the fine tuning...

Dan
mazdamobber   +1y
Thank you. I will see what I can do. I will post more for sure.
dizzy baird   +1y
As far as tuning the mixture screw the only truewat to get it perfect is to take it somewhere. Of course is you like me "broke as a joke" then the way I have always done it is screw it in til it runs "funny" then turn it back out til starts to sputter. Be counting turns as your backing it out. At this point once it starts sputtering split the turns u counted in half and turn it in that much. Should put u in the ballpark
mazdafvr   +1y
when mine was runnin shitty b4 I got a weber, I noticed my screw was turned all the way in, I don't think I backed it out more than two turns and it made a world of difference.
mazdamobber   +1y
What all would I need for the weber swap. And thanks for all the help. It is crusing again. Sorry I haven't been on in ages life gets busy.
thermus   +1y
Nothing needed. Kit comes with everything to install.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4
mazdamobber   +1y
Sweet. I think I am gonna start saving.
thermus   +1y
Yeah. Plus everything on your passenger side fender can go. Even your computer. The whole writing harness from the ecu to the passenger side can go except the wiper wires.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4