PLEASE HELP GUYS

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2489
replies 16
following 7

toddluck   +1y
are getting fuel to the carb?
lowballin   +1y
Ya id check ur filter and maybe is ur fuel pump tank or is it off the head?
toolow4phathoe   +1y
it was gettin fuel unless it quit in the last few days because, the guy who was helping me left the fuel line off the fuel pump and it caught on fire under the hood, (everythings ok) so I know I am gettin fuel.
toolow4phathoe   +1y
So i tried pouring gas in the carb. It still didnt start up.. I am totally lost now..?? I have no idea what could be wrong now. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.
jmzcustomz (jeff)   +1y
Where you located? Maybe someone is close enough to ride over and take a peek.
immortal1 (linn)   +1y
Couple of easy questions that may help. Do you have a timing light or know someone who does? Lets say you have one; properly connect it to the #1 plug wire, have someone crank the engine and point the timing light at the timing tag. Not necessary for you to set timing to exactly 5 degrees just see if you can see the timing mark SOMEWHERE on the timing tag. Also, point the timing light at the mark on the cam pulley. You should see things line up pretty close. You should be able to turn the distributor enough to get the cam pulley to line up exactly and the mark on the balancer should be exactly on 0 degrees. If the above works your cam & ignition timing is close enough to start. Try the timing light on plug wires #2, #3 & #4. Does the timing light light up? If so you know the plugs are firing. Verify the firing order - if correct then the low voltage and high voltage side of the ignition side is working close enough.

Pull the plugs out - are they soaking wet and stink like gas? or are they dry as a bone? To wet -try new plugs. To dry, figure out why. Hydraulic lifters not opening the valves? If you pour a LITTLE amount of gas into carb, you should be able to get engine to fire for at least a few revolutions.
toolow4phathoe   +1y
I am in fort walton beach, Florida..