Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.0L \  PLEASE HELP GUYS

PLEASE HELP GUYS

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2488
replies 16
following 7

toolow4phathoe   +1y
I have an 86 mazda b2000, I will crank but will not start, I know the guy before me put on a new timing belt and the timing wasnt set correctly, so i reset the timing. i put new plugs and wires on it, I got a new distributor cap, But I cant figure out what it is, when I got it, It ran REALLY rough, and wouldnt stay running. but that was because the firing order was off so I fixed that, Now it wont start at all. Please give me any advice you have. Thanks
jester   +1y
was the timing belt correctly installed? If it was running with the wrong firing order, I bet they didn't line up the timing belt correctly. Easy to check, make sure #1 piston is at TDC (top dead center) And take off the upper timing belt cover. The #1 on the Cam pulley should be in line with the arrow on the head and the mark on the crank pulley should be at exactly 0 degrees. If that all lines up then maybe you have other issues like fuel or spark. Hope this helps a bit
toolow4phathoe   +1y
I took off the timing belt the other day and lined everything up, on the top and bottom with the marks, and I took off the distributor and set that the way it was supposed to be done and I made sure the firing order was correct, when I crank it now it sounds like it isnt geting spark, but when I tested it with a screw driver I could hear it sparking.
toddluck   +1y
sounds like your dizzy is 180 out
lowballin   +1y
I think he asking did u recheck the timing after u corrected the firing order?
Sounds like u set it and relized firing was off and now its correct and not firing on timing.. Just my 2 cents

~B~

Good luck..
toolow4phathoe   +1y
I RECHECKED EVERYTHING YESTERDAY AND MADE SURE THE TIMING WAS RIGHT AND THE DISTRIBUTOR WAS RIGHT, STILL WONT START...? I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT IS, I GOT A NEW CARB, DO THINK IT IS THAT BUT I AM GOIN TO TRY AND PUT THAT ON TO FIX IF THAT WORKS...? WHO KNOW I AM RUNNING OUT OF THINGS IT COULD BE. WISH I KNEW A GOOD MECHANIC
lofosho86   +1y
check to make sure your wires are hooked up on the coil correctly!mine got loose and were'nt getting good connections!just a thought!!
toddluck   +1y
if you have spark at the plugs try pouring some gas down the carb not alot...then try if your still not getting anything then its in your timing man..it should at least try to pop
lowballin   +1y
Also new carbs I might have misunderstood but there are to adjusters that r hard to get tied into with ur vehicle for gas distrabution...

~B~
toolow4phathoe   +1y
It acts like it want to start but it wont actully start. It will crank all day long, I tried starting fluid in the carb and gas..