Page 1 of 2
Mazda 2.0L \  Head Bolts

Head Bolts

Mazda 2.0L Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1506
replies 12
following 4

trplezro   +1y
Well, I went to the local parts store and they said they can't get head bolts for my old 2.0.
As many times as I've seen you guys have yours apart, where can I get new ones? Besides the dealer unless thats my only option.
dragginmazda86 (dave)   +1y
I have bought two sets for myself and another set for a buddy from this Ebay seller. Good price and fast shipping. Heres the link it say fits 84-87 2.0's.

trplezro   +1y
They always say 84 + for some reason. But the engines are different. Gotta be exclusively up to 84. No later. Thanks for lookin out though.
Are the head bolts different length or different thread pitch in yours opposed to a later 2.0?
Oh I see now, it says 11/84 and up yours is earlier than that isn't it? You might want to email that seller maybe he cxan get a set for you. Worth a shot.
slammed dimensions   +1y
I've went to a few part stores and came up empty. Then I stoped by a car quest and they said they could prolly get ahold of a set. But I won't know for sure till I get back to work monday.
trplezro   +1y
I'm waiting for slammed83 or maztang to chime in, I'm pretty sure they've had to replace theirs.
maztang (ryan)   +1y
i didn't replace the head bolts this last time when i rebuilt my engine. but when i rbuilt my engine out of my 89 i went to but they dont show a listing for the 83-84s. you may want to call them up to see if they can hook you up. if not than you may have to hit up the local mazda dealer. if you have to go to the dealer, be prepared for a heart attack!
trplezro   +1y
Are the 83-84 head bolts tapered as well?
maztang (ryan)   +1y
sorry man, i really don't remember.