Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  Which is easier or better of a swap

Which is easier or better of a swap

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1063
replies 5
following 3

coltonholley006   +1y
I really wanna swap my truck. I've seen miata swaps kia swaps v8 swaps and also a ka24de swap. I'm just wondering which is easiest as I'm new to swapping a mazda. My plan is a drift truck so any information is greatly appreciated
geterdun   +1y
I did a v6/automatic swap, drop in hook up fit. Of course you have to fabricate engine and transmission mounts and make/have made a driveshaft. Use original radiator, only remodeling I did on truck was the crossmember under the engine and the shifter.
coltonholley006   +1y
I'm wanting to make it a drift/ street truck so I would want a manual. I'm sure it's the same concept. Do you have a build thread on here or maybe a build list or instructions
geterdun   +1y
What is your truck, year/model?
I can write you one up, as I did it, but this will be for a rear distributor 4.3 GM in a '90 extended cab B2600 (I think B2200 will be the same).
I gather you have never had an automatic with a shift kit in it?
In the mean time, get the engine and transmission of choice (4.3 Vortec? ). Decide if you are going fuel injected with original computer and distributor. If going no bot, carb of choice pre-'75, distributor for a 4.3 will be '85-'86 model. Build/modify engine to desires, leave distributor out for install (it will be in firewall's way), and shifter, if standard.
Most, if not all of these trucks have the post under the dash for the clutch pedal, if yours is not standard.
tucknrimmaz   +1y
Kia is the easiest.
coltonholley006   +1y
It's an 87 b2000 se5 2wd and is a 5 speed now.
Page 1 of 1