Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  Japanese engines

Japanese engines

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 994
replies 6
following 3

b2600ibeauty   +1y
I've heard a lot about these 40k mile Japanese engines, and it just so happens I'm in need of one now. Haha. Does anyone know how to get your hands on one of these engines? Or is there a credible website for buying them?
dan woodland   +1y
huh? Are you looking for a 2.6i replacement? I doubt there is a 2.6i with 40K miles available unless it's been rebuilt and no one will ever take a good 40K mile engine out of a 2.6i... unless they are going to do a swap to something else.
b2600ibeauty   +1y
There's something with Japans emissions where they won't allow a vehicle with over 40k miles to be on the road, so I've heard there's a lot of low milage engines for sale from Japan.
dan woodland   +1y
Never heard of that until today. I did some quick googles and found it's not for emissions but safety reasons. Here is some detail...

The above is from 2012 and it's probably still in effect - much like PA and other states like TX do here but more strict. I'm sure the engines are so low in mileage because of the island being so small, less than 4% of the US total.

I guess you'll need to find one of those importers. good luck.
b2600ibeauty   +1y
Yah getting my hands on one of these engines will be tricky.
mjavy7   +1y
I hope these help:

dan woodland   +1y
There you go b2600ibeauty.
Page 1 of 1