Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  Engine swap

Engine swap

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 733
replies 4
following 2

yadiel   +1y
hello guys im new to forum and i just bought a 90 b2200 with a bad BAD engine, i want to know if i can put another engine there besides the original engine cause i been searching for them and they are hard to find and very expensive.i want to know which engines from what car i can put in the truck and what years, also if need to get a new transmission for the swap.thanks guys for this forum , any information would help.
geterdun   +1y
Do you want to sell the distributor?
I put a 4.3 GM vortex, automatic in a 90 model. No modifications to the truck. Engine mounts are in perfect place! Used original shifter, modified.
yadiel   +1y
hey geterdum can you be more specific, what year make and model engine did you use?
yadiel   +1y

hey geterdum can you be more specific, what year make and model engine did you use?
geterdun   +1y
Good question. Use a pickup engine nothing, no bolt on's are high above the engine, the van's a/c and stuff make it too tall for the hood. I used a 92 1500 Chevy engine. I can give you more detail if you want to go this way.
Use the original radiator if it is not the plastic one with serpentine belt and a flex fan. Bottom hose is on wrong side, but I made up a lower two piece hose with pipe across under the engine. There have been enough odd engine factory installs that a one piece hose can probably be found. Like my '77 Smokey & the Bandit TransAm had the Pontiac 6.6 litre, but they put Olds 403's in them too.
Page 1 of 1