Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  looking for info on JE-ZE swap in B2600

looking for info on JE-ZE swap in B2600

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2165
replies 7
following 3

jota69   +1y
I currently own a 92 B2600i and I want to do an easy eng8ne swap for more power. Im looking for any info on tjis swap. Parts needed, etc. My engine is starting to leak fron the freeze plugs so I have to pull it out anyway to fix it so might as well install a better engine. Also taking any other recommendations for engine swaps that will be easy to do on this truck
moonlitmechanic   +1y
Subscribed to thread, interested to see what comes of this. Can get 929s dirt cheap. Found a 929 FSM online with wiring diagrams.
jota69   +1y
I cannot find any in my area, theres lots of MPVs but those are the SOHC version of the JE. The DOHC version has good horsepower stock and it can be built up from there
moonlitmechanic   +1y
Been considering jumping into this swap in the next year. I will post info if I get started on that project. Currently just getting the 2.6L running again from a stuck open valve.
moonlitmechanic   +1y
Good information from post # 4 here on bell housings: B2600i Motor Swap w/ JE SOHC V6
jota69   +1y
I just bought a JE 5 speed bellhousing on ebay today that came out of a JE MPV. I got it because its hard to find and it puts me one step closer to make this swap a reality. Now I have to find a goid mazda 929 donor vehicle to get the engine and related parts out of
dealwithit   +1y
ive heard of one other swap on another mazda forum of someone doing a dohc JE into a miata, i forget what flywheel he used but he did get a bell housing like yours. did you ask the seller if they had the flywheel as well?
jota69   +1y
He just had the bellhousing but I read that the b2600i flywheel will work with the JE engine but I will have to do some more digging to make sure that is right
Page 1 of 1