threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  B2200 Manual to Auto trans swap.

B2200 Manual to Auto trans swap.

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2629
replies 4
following 3

worpspeed   +1y
May be in the wrong area wasnt sure exactly where to post.

I cant find much if anything on it and I am doing it tomorrow. Anyone have any links to anything?

I have came across this.

"you will also need the wiring harness even if it is carbuerated" "no, you wont. The computer has nothing to do with the trans. There is an overdrive override button but that is contained in the vehicle harness, and NOT having it hooked up means the truck will always have overdrive. You will need the flex plate, the torque converter, the shifter and yes the crossmember is different. so someone told you wrong or is just guessing."

I bought a whole truck to use but has a harness issue and ext cab vs standard cab. I hope to be able to just swap in all the mechanical stuff.

Also what driver shaft do I use. The donor truck is a ext cab and truck getting conversion is a manual truck.
befarrer   +1y
You would need a auto driveshaft from the same cab/box configuration as your truck, I think the standard cab short box auto's are a 1 piece, the manual trans of the same truck is a 2-piece.
dan woodland   +1y
Harnesses are different, the largest difference being the automatic control unit behind the driver side kick panel - a must to make an automatic work. The other large difference is the transmission harness connections (on the end of the engine harness that comes from the driver side. you need to sort out the differences and/or transfer those functions to your manual harness.

Dan
worpspeed   +1y
Got it figured out.

I had to use the auto front half of the shafts cause it's shorter and I had to use the Std cab back half of the shafts. Bolted right in.

You do not have to have the auto harness or TCU for it to work. It is in and no connections are hooked up and running and driving the only thing it don't do is kick down to pass. That is not controlled by the tcu. It works off the gas pedal kick down switch to a relay then to the kick down solenoid. I am building a sub harness for that to work. I will always have over drive and not be able to turn it off with out a switch for that. I may or may not be able to do that.

I really can't see what the tcu does off of the wiring diagram. The kick down/full throttle switch does also have one side that goes to the tcu but has no wiring to the kick down solenoid. The NSS does wire into the TCU but not using it and the truck does start with the clutch pedal switch jumped out. The truck up shifts just fine driving with no TCU. Also down shifts when you stop or slow down enough.
worpspeed   +1y
My standard cab manual was a 2 piece. My auto ext cab was a 2 piece. Was able to mix and match.
Page 1 of 1