Mazda Engine Swaps \  5.4 Ford motor swap

5.4 Ford motor swap

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 970
replies 3
following 4

912racer99   +1y
I am new to the forum, but have been involved in building radical Mazda's
for a long time. I still have my old show truck and want to update it and return to doing shows. The truck was featured in several times back in the 90's and has won lots of shows (Most Radical Mini in state of FL, 5 times).

Anyway, I have a 5.4 liter Supercharged ford motor from a Harley Truck sitting here and was wondering if anyone has done a conversion with this motor and if they have what suggestions they may have in putting it in.

Thanks
chaserjohndoe   +1y
Might be too wide and too tall.?? I know they did it on tv but that was a Ranger clone. Frames are different than our trucks. I would try it any way.
low_life77   +1y
I want to see pics of your truck!
getnpsi   +1y
Multiple people have done ford 302 swaps which is a small engine in relative terms. The chevy block is larger and doable, as the 351 ford windsor. A dohc 4.6 modular is wider, and then the 5.4 with all the trimmin's even more. I've seen the 4.6 in a variety of "wrong" makes and models over the years, in theory the mounting to frame strategy is the same but then you are limited to the truck being in its own way after that.

pics pics pics of what you have and what you want to have please!

I don't know your metal working background, but seems to me half the people who do these bagged suspensions can put all that fab knowhow into blocking up a front end that can hold a monster powertrain too.
Page 1 of 1