Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  FE3 SWAP HELP

FE3 SWAP HELP

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 917
replies 0
following 1

jmills76542   +1y
i have a 91 mazda b2200 that i did a fe3 swap on. i will list build specs below. engine is freshly rebuilt but will not start. i have the obd2 plug wired in and i have my matco determinator plugged in. when i look at my datastream my rpms read really fu**ing high, like 12-14 thousand. also my ignition timing advance on cylinder 1 is reading -62 degrees and i get a p1309 ignition coil 1 abnormal code. both crank sensor and ignition coils are brand new. im thinking i may have my crank sensor off by a few millimeters or so but i want to get some more input from guys who have done this swap. i have un-loomed the wire harness and cut out everything i dont need along with redo the ganged grounds and powers. when i re-did the wire harness it corrected all the abnormal reading i was getting with most of the sensors, except the throttle postion and engine coolant temp, but i didnt remove that section of harness and redo it. my throttle postion sensor reads like 250 volts on my scan tool and my engine coolant temp sensor reads like 180 volts. nethier of those readings make sense to me cause if they were truly that high the sensor would of caught fire lol. i had reading like that on some of the other sensors before i re-did the engine harness but that was corrected when the harness was done.

1991 mazda b2200 extended cab
factory 5 speed truck

engine is from 2000 kia sportage manual.
rebuilt cause i found bearing material in the oil pan.
harness is from a 2000 sportage automatic.
i have 3 ecus..... one manual and two automatics, however with pin 86 grounded they all read manual trans on my scan tool.

any input is greatly appreciated, id hate to go thru the hassle of relocating the crank sensor only to find thats not my issue.
you can respond inline on this post or pm me and i will give you my contact info.
thanks in advance guys i just really wanna hear my truck run again.
Page 1 of 1