Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  ok i bought a 87 5.0 mustang HELP b2200 swap

ok i bought a 87 5.0 mustang HELP b2200 swap

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1236
replies 2
following 2

jason eden   +1y
Ok i have some info but i need to know what to do about the wiring for fi. mine is carbed now but can i just get a b2200 fuel tank and run that ? do i swap the computer over ? how do i make it work ? my buddy wants to change to carb but it would be cool to use fi. I so far was told the motor and trans will bolt in with just a bit of work " t5 " and i have to make a drive shaft and get a part to make trans work with hydo clutch and redo my radiator and also my front cross member.

1. how do i do the wiring
2. should i try to use the stang rear end
3. how do i make the dash gauges work

please HELP thanks
emjay   +1y
If you are going to use the injected setup for a 5.0 you will need the corresponding computer for the engine, or make your own (IE megasquirt.) You would follow the wiring for the 5.0 engine to make it run efficiently, a custom speedometer cable/trans gear will need to be made to make the gauges work (plus additional oil pressure, battery, and coolant temp sensor installed to use factory gauges.)

The stock B series end would work and handle the power, it is commonly done. You would also need to make a custom drive shaft, transmission crossmember, and motor mounts.

This swap has been done before, both EFI and carb'd. The wiring for the carb setup is going to be MUCH easier and still give you plenty of power. You would need to have the speedo gear and drive shaft work done.
jason eden   +1y
i have the wiring for fi. All i have found so far you can use the stock stang motor and trand mounts just by redrilling the whole size to fit. ya might keep stock rear end and run rx7 3rd member any one know what years work ?
Page 1 of 1