threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  F2 Conversion to F2T?

F2 Conversion to F2T?

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 3336
replies 1
following 2

jhumpy426   +1y
Ok, so I have been rolling over some ideas for my truck motor and I am seriously leaning towards the f2t The only question is should I just buy a f2t or should I make the f2 in my truck into the f2t?

here's what I have finding so far....
The F2 pistons are rated for 8.6:1 CR
The F2T pistons are rated for 7.8:1 CR

Stock F2T 145hp 190ftlbs
Stock F2 110hp 130ftlbs
Stock F2 (with turbo) 174hp 240ftlbs (7 psi of boost)

Due to the fact that a stock F2 block has 8.6:1 CR, the pressures within a boosted F2 engine will be greater and it will achieve more power with less boost. But there are reliability issues to think about when doing this type of thing.

Other than the compresion what else is different from the F2T vs the F2? Pistons! The F2T pistons are hyperteutectic (however that is spelled) and the F2 pistons are cast iron(?). According to PerformanceProbe.com, the connecting rods in both engines are made of cast iron, as well as the crankshaft. The bore/stroke are the same at (3.39 x 3.70). The engine weights are different by 42 lbs., with the F2T at ~500 lbs. Now the head, the camshafts are the same, but the exhaust valuves on an F2T head have a heat-
treated coating to cope with the engine heats.

I have been finding alot of info on ford probe forums lol everybody please hit me up with any input!!!!
post photo
fdugn545   +1y
I can't help you much but I will be following this one... I'm looking to go blow thru using the b2000 and Weber setup with a probe/mx6 turbo manifold and some porting to the head. (your going FI or have FI already I'm sure) but ifbi come across anything I'll be sure to pass it on. Keep us posted on progress
Page 1 of 1