Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  Engine swap/suspension swap idea/question

Engine swap/suspension swap idea/question

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1065
replies 5
following 4

norcallumps   +1y
I hope I am posting in the right forum... I am thinking of going v8 motor swap. Leaning towards a 5.3/4l80. I know there will be fab and everything but was thinking instead mod. the crosmember what about swappping over everything to something like a mustangII style front end? Reason why I ask is that I come from a hot rod family. We have a Ford '29 Model A '35 Plymouth sedan, and a '54 Ford F100. All have mustang II style front end. I have not seen it, Im sure it has been done... is it worth the time and effort for something that is going to be a daily driver?
sincitylocal   +1y
That's a whole lotta work for a daily.
Just modify the cross member and be done with it.
gorgonheimer   +1y
What is your reason for the mustang 2 front end? Brakes or suspension?
norcallumps   +1y
rack and pinion, brakes, 5-lug, better handling... etc. I would also think it would be easier to bag if I wanted to go that route. A guy my dad and I wire cars for just did same style front end on a '49 chevy. Took him about a week (he is 75 years old). Also something to be different.
gorgonheimer   +1y
Lots of money to be different. All that you said is true, but you can accomplish most of that with keeping the stock suspension. Rack and pinion is over rated. You can upgrade your handling and brakes and save a ton, and not reinvent the wheel
hunterw   +1y
It's a good amount of work but it is a nice upgrade and is a much cleaner setup. I say do it, if you have the time and money
Page 1 of 1