Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  V8 ride differences

V8 ride differences

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1208
replies 4
following 3

jack302   +1y
New to the form and I've searching for sometime in regards as to how the B2200 ride is after a 302 swap due the added weight differences,do you have to jack up the torsion bar tension to compensate,do you add weight for proper balance factor.??? This will be a 302 street rod not dropping it.
ward5kustomz   +1y
if your truck doesent have power steering it will be real easy to notice. it will be nose heavy the 302 is about 50-100 lbs heavier than the 4 cyl. you might want to swap in some torsions bars from a b26 4x4. as far as weight distribution id say add the same amount or half of the weight to the back for the added traction
sincitylocal   +1y
NO!!! Don't swap the torsions.
I put a 350 Chevy in mine with a 700R4 transmission.
I didn't have to adjust the torsion bars when I put the V8 in, but the front end did drop about an inch.
I adjusted the torsion bars to bring it back up, but later swapped them for the 4X4 torsions.
A lot of people said they were necessary, and I fell for it.
I wish I never did! They're stiffer than what I expected.
I'm going back to the originals eventually.
jack302   +1y
Thanks for your input. Like Mopars,I thought there might be a T- bar upgrade but sounds like it would be the wrong move. Thanks!
sincitylocal   +1y
Keep your options open... if you come across the 4X4 torsions, you could probably pick 'em up for cheap.
But the splines are different, so make sure you get the whole assy.
Just keep your old ones, because you might want to put them back in one day.
Page 1 of 1