Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  muffler placement on bagged b

muffler placement on bagged b

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1131
replies 8
following 6

lowridenmazda   +1y
So i'm about to get the exhaust put on my 318 swap. I was wondering where everyone was putting there mufflers. I wanted to put them under the bed but airlines and such are gonna be kinda in the way. I was thinking right in front of the carrier bearing crossmember but that'll only leave me about 5/8" to 3/4" clearance from my muffler to floorboards and Ive got a second battery under the drivers seat, right where that muffler would be. Anybody got any suggestions?
mazdizzle   +1y
I put mine in the stock location just tucked it up close to the floor so it wouldn't drag
mazdamn   +1y
What I did on my very 1st bagged Maz, I raised the truck on stands, then jacked up on the exhaust itself. Just to slowly bend it up. I got it high enough to where it was less than 1/2" from the floor board. Never dragged the exhaust again.
kovz   +1y
Mine are under the floorboards too. You can always put a Dynamat type of shield down under the carpet to reduce heat.
91extcab   +1y
Mine is just behind the cab, under the bed, dumps out before the axle. 2 1/4" magnaflow muffler. Wouldn't fit under cab without dragging on my static drop.
lowridenmazda   +1y
I wanted them under the bed but there's too much under there. Hey mazdamn with them that close did the floorboards get hot. My only concern is the battery under seat getting hot.
tucknrimmaz   +1y
Had a very little room on my SFBD maz. I ended up putting the cat right under me and i never felt any heat from it. Do it.
mazdamn   +1y
Mine didnt get hot at all. I did, after about 6 or 7 months pull up the carpet to put down deadener, and I went to the store with the carpet out, and cruise at 30 mph for about 2 hours after...it was slightly warm in comparison to the other side, but not enough to cause concern. The muffler i had was a bullet-type...i got it for $5. Air was never trapped inside, so that may help.
lowridenmazda   +1y
I'm running flowmaster super 44's. I'll prolly just put some dei heat transfer stuff under my seats so I feel safe with the battery and go for it, I just didn't want to melt the carpet when I put it in lol.
Page 1 of 1