threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine Swaps \  Anybody done a v6 swap ?

Anybody done a v6 swap ?

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2265
replies 15
following 3

guam671   +1y
im lookin to swap out my engine with a v6 . Was thinkin of puttin a v8 but thats too much for the little island that i reside in . So if anybody has ever done a v6 swap, please let me know . Thanks!
ward5kustomz   +1y

check this out!
guam671   +1y
Sweet! Do you have pics or videos of your build ?
ward5kustomz   +1y
yea! i got photos in the build thread. look on youtube and search ward5kustomz. i got several vids on there.
guam671   +1y
Thanks ! This will help a lot !
jimbeater   +1y
i've had my b2800 4x4 for about 3 years now... it's currently parked and has a few issues, but once i have some money again, i'll be working on it a bit.

the previous owner mated the chevy bellhousing to the mazda so it now bolts right up to the factory mazda 4x4 driveline. also the oil pan has a small notch for the front diff. it's an 83-84 chevy camaro carbed 2.8 v6. i have always put it like this... a little more power and reliability than what was there, but not nearly enough to brake anything! i added an electric pusher fan for additional cooling while sitting at idle.

since the mounts and bellhousing are all done, i have an idea to swap in a fuel injected 3.4 out of a mid 90's camaro... that should give a good power boost, reliability and gas mileage over the 4.3 v6 from s10/blazers.

that is another common swap, the 4.3
ward5kustomz   +1y
im eventually gona put up more pics of the 3.0 to give you a better look into what all is required. ill also get some pics of the trans.
guam671   +1y
Thanks Jim , maybe ill do that to my b2600 .

Thanks ward for all your help and the pics would be great !
ward5kustomz   +1y
thread post photo

right side of engine. bay
thread post photo

left side with custom intake
guam671   +1y
That's the engine from an aerostar right ? Does the ranger have the same engine ?