Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  fuel injection swap

fuel injection swap

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 9043
replies 8
following 9

dropn-mazdawgs   +1y
has anybody on here went from carb to fuel intjection on there b2200 to a b2200 fuel
jmuse8482   +1y

Yes I have.... What kind of information are you looking for?
dropn-mazdawgs   +1y
how hard is it to do the swap
ward5kustomz   +1y
i havent done the fuel injection swap with the factory mazda engine. but you will have to get the wiring harness and the computer that runs it. the only hard part is doing it.
rg2200   +1y
There's a pretty good thread on MazdaTrucking.com (I think somewhere on bScene as well) about this:

My son converted his carb setup to fuel injection, but went the Megasquirt II route (build your own engine computer and wire up everything yourself and program the computer with your laptop). It was a much bigger project than swapping in the fuel injection parts from a factory FI truck.
thebean21   +1y
I went from an Fe to a f2 to a f2t. The engine bolts in place but the intake manifold will hit your firewall so you'll have to turn the top half towards the front. I made a plate to bolt both halves back up. You will need the wiring hardess and computer as well as the intake. It wasn't very difficult. I just sold my set up to another b series in Oregon city. Moved onto a Fe-dohc
stanced93b2200   +1y
I have a stock 93 b2200 and it's carbureted. I'm thinking about ether putting a new Weber on it but was wondering what kind of fuel economy it will get and if there will be a notable difference in how she runs. But I'm also interested in converting her to fuel injection and was wondering if they sell kits or if u just have to peice together parts. I'm not scared of the work just wondering about how much it will cost and will it be worth it compared to a new Weber?
dan woodland   +1y
There are plenty of junk yard EFI threads here and on MazdaTrucking.com. HappyTealMazda has done a few. Like the term says they got their parts from the junk yard, like from Kias or Ford probes etc.

A weber might improve drivability but not as much as EFI. I'd go EFI before Webering your truck.

I am doing the carb to EFI swapgrade. I went with obtaining all OE parts including full intake with fuel rail, injectors and the most important part, the OE ECU.

Unless you collect parts like I did and take your time to find deals, it won't be "cheap". I was lucky, found a complete intake (upper and lower) with IAC, TPS, TB, injectors, fuel rail etc for $35!!! I bought two EFI junkers to get the computers and wiring harnesses and sold off the rest of the trucks.

That being said a weber will be cheaper and quicker if you're willing to ditch it later for EFI.
befarrer   +1y
If you wanted to go plug and play, you would have to replace the fuel sending unit & pump, the entire wiring harness on the truck (including fuse box under hood), dash, ecm, and everything for the intake, including the intake, distributor, coil, all sensors, exhaust manifold, airbox & intake tube, MAF. It will get you the best power and fuel mileage, even better than a webber. Factory EFI trucks were 10HP over the carb units when stock. Alot of the parts can be found on other simmilar engines from the era, some has to be modified, and the wiring will have to be modified, not much is different, so it can be changed as far as the wiring. I am in Canada, where every mid 91 and newer truck is EFI, I had an 88 carb, wanted EFI, so I found a 93 and it is way better for driveability, and simplicity under the hood (EFI trucks never had an EGR valve even from factory, where carb trucks did)
Page 1 of 1