Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  converting

converting

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 871
replies 4
following 3

black   +1y
if you are swapping from carbed to Fuel injected what kind of fuel pumps are you guys using (in tank, or inline) to fuel your FI engine i know i might have to run a pressure regulator. any help is appreciated!
jenko   +1y
Hi Black,

Grab everything from a junked FI truck and swap it?
There was a "Junkyard FI" thread on MT which would have been of great help
What kind of set up are you thinking of running?
As for the pump, get a FI tank and pump, it has baffles in it/a baffle in it or so I believe. (I want one and can't get one here! grr)
that'd be the easiest solution
blackhulk   +1y
hey i did the same thing...i used a in tank fuel pump from a early 90's mazda mpv...it puts out around 32 psi....when u strip the fuel injected truck get ALL the wiring...they is a fuel pressure regulator on the lower intake that will slow the fuel pressure down so the engine uses only what it needs....i also have a fuel cell with baffles to help stop the fuel from sloshing around....any inline fuel pump will work also but u dont need a crqazy high psi its a small 4 cylinder motor...anymore help?
black   +1y
well im not running the truck motor im gonna run the miata 1.8 bp so ill have the harness computer and tranny from it. so i guess i should look up what kind of pressure i need and maybe get an inline pump and run a pressure regulator?
jenko   +1y
is the Miata carbed?
If not, the fuel rail should have a regulator on the end of it and that should do the job (unless someone wants to clear that one up for me?)

Inline is noisier etc.. what I'll be doing is grabbing on of these

and swapping (yup, swapping) it into my carbed tank.
I'll just not run the fuel down very low (since carbed tanks don't have baffles/swirl pot (not to be confused with surge tank))
Or get an inline AND a surge tank and a lifter pump and you'll be bullet proof
Page 1 of 1