Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  4.135?

4.135?

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 731
replies 2
following 2

sfls1   +1y
Am in the middle of redoing the perkins to stick in my 88 b22 cab plus. will have 2 fuel tanks, 85 rx7 box, freightliner seats, and sooo much more. anyways, anyone done this swap? any pointers? i am capable of doing it but im always up for a tip or 12!
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
my understanding that manual trans gas tanks are different, man trans models have mechanical fuel pump that bolts on the engine, while auto trans models have electric fuel pump in or near the tank. also (correct me if wrong) radiator is different, manual trans doesn't have a cooler while auto does. computer for manual vs auto is different. will need pedal assembly, trans tunnel opening is different between the two. im sure theres a few details left out
sfls1   +1y

I was gonna install the auto pump/sender into the manual tank, and the rear tank, out of a 89 f150 has an electric pump in it, was going to use the selector off the f150 to switch back and forth, one gauge, 2 tanks. as far as the radiator, im pondering if the 2 core auto radiator would cool the diesel? truck is already a 5 speed, need to make a new clutch hard line as slave is on drivers side of diesel bell housing,

im hoping to mate the diesel and gas mounts alike and weld up a box in between to not cut off gas mounts. im tryin to get another daily so i can have time to do it right.

and among other things, glow plugs, IP linkage, oil cooler, AC PS mounts, think thats it. haha
Page 1 of 1