threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  Twin turbo rotary swap?

Twin turbo rotary swap?

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1537
replies 6
following 6

nross001   +1y
Just found a jdm front clip for a second gen rx7. Every thing is included wiring harness motor trans sheet metal suspension turbos everything from the floor board forward! I know it wouldnt be a simple swap but has anyone done it and do u have a build up on it need to know what little things I will run into like wiring issues I know id need a drive shaft made and fab work done for mounting just looking into if its worth the trouble! Thanks guys!
dropped90(justin)   +1y
sounds pretty sweet ass to me.

-Justin
paparoach1983   +1y
cut place and weld hahaha. sorry man i cant think of anyone. but that would be a badass project.
killerb   +1y
It can be done, not too sure if it's a actual twin turbo. To me its definately worth the trouble, a factory service manual/haynes will be your friends for the wiring diagrams.
iizuka   +1y
If you have a lot of fabrication skills and deep pockets, it can be done. If you got a twin turbo front clip, you got a 3rd gen rx7 (FD) not 2nd (FC).

Even on Turbo II FC swaps (single turbo) you would have clearance issues with the frame. OEM twin turbos would be nearly impossible to use. You would need a custom turbo manifold regardless of the generation you would pick. On the FD, the electronics are even more complicated then the FC.

If I were going to do a Rotary Turbo swap I'd do a Turbo II S5 with a nice custom manifold.

I'm doing an NA S5 that in the future will, hopefully, be a PP setup. For now will be glad to just have a stock 13b setup

Anyway, good luck!
mymmeryloss   +1y
2nd gen is turbo II not a twin turbo. And i bought a rhd front clip and put an s5 turbo in my truck!

Lots of custom stuff will need to be done especially if ur bagged...
iizuka   +1y

Welcome dude! Another orphan from mazdatruckin?
You need to put some pictures of your B. I miss staring at that thing, it kicks ass!
Page 1 of 1