threads
Page 1 of 3
Mazda Engine Swaps \  Motor Mounts for the 302 (Ford 5.0)

Motor Mounts for the 302 (Ford 5.0)

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 4284
replies 22
following 2

kovz   +1y
Really confused on what to do about the motor mounts for this swap. I've "read" several things on this forum saying that a 84-93 Mustange motor mounts will work, but you have to "redrill the holes bigger". No idea what that means. Because this 302 came from a 96' F-150. The motor mounts fit on the frame mounts just fine without drilling the holes bigger. Only problem is the frame mounts are 16" apart and the motor mounts on the engine block are 14" apart.
Any suggestions?

thread post photo

thread post photo
v8xcab   +1y
use 87-93 convertible mustang mounts
kovz   +1y

What makes a convertible mustang motor mounts different than a hardtop?
kovz   +1y
Do you think the first two listed, Anchor motor mounts, that are for an 87' mustang convertible be ok? They are only $8.75 each...

" target="_blank

Seems almost too cheap to be believable!
v8xcab   +1y
Those are the ones you want! btw a damn nice find but is the shipping going to kill you? They're only $20ish in the parts store...
The convertible frame is slighty different due to underbracing to reenforce from not having a top...
v8xcab   +1y
Oh and you'll see why you have make the mount bolt holes bigger...the stud on the convertible mounts is waaay bigger than the mazda hole. Same with transmission cross member. It'll bolt right up in factory location BUT you have to make the holes bigger to get the Ford studs in the holes.
kovz   +1y
Thank you V8xcab. You have helped tremendously.

Upon further research on google, I came across the same thing. Also reading reviews on that Anchor brand. Not sure how I feel about them. Contemplating going poly instead of rubber. Thoughts?
kovz   +1y

Ahh good call. I wonder what tranny mount I should get. I'm going to be running a T5 manual tranny out of a fox body stang.
v8xcab   +1y
use the 5spd (Ford) mount if you have one lol
v8xcab   +1y
Depends on if what you feel like spending...rubber is just fine but poly will be worth it!