Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine Swaps \  5.3 lsx swap

5.3 lsx swap

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 6030
replies 16
following 5

dr.dub   +1y
here's my truck. runs and drives for about 4000 still needs a windshield but seems to move pretty danm good.

search youtube for : 5.3 lsx swap into b2200

dr.dub   +1y
it's a 5.3 with the edelbrock intake and msd ignition. it's all stock beside the cam and valvetrain. runs a 3500ish stall with stock manifolds and a $20 th350 i picked up and a stock rearend at the point which is taking the abuse better then the tires are. the rad is a ebay jobby i scored for about $99+shipping i believe it's for a chevy 2 the hood dont fit over the carb so wasn't concerned where the rad sat but seems to be fine if i chop up the hood.
neverending   +1y
did you make the motor mounts?
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
nice. now you need to get some video of it driving and doing some burn outs.
canucksfan1   +1y
Thats awsome do you have any pics of your motor mounts, or suggestions for the swap?? I am right in the middle of doing a 350 swap right now. Any advise and tips would be greatly appreciated.
dr.dub   +1y
dont have any pics of the mounts i thought i had some on my phone. it's just solid moroso mounts on homemade ls adaptor plates. then i took some 1x2 steel and welded a tube on one end and then hung them off the mounts with the motor sitting in the bay. cut trim some grinding and welded then 1x2 directly to the frame. it's a tight fit on the drivers header but we have about 8 solid days of work into it. video of it driving wont be till mid sept. as i'm out of town for 5wks working. although we did drive it around. the neighbours kinda got pissed as we had no plates or windshield in it at this point... but it was fun as hell.
dr.dub   +1y
this was the old 350 setup

thread post photo
dr.dub   +1y
sorry i lied they were already downloaded to my computer...

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
canucksfan1   +1y
Thanks for the pics, what did u do for a computer?? Or with the carb and MSD and valvetrain, does it not need one?
dr.dub   +1y
With the carb it runs a msd box that takes 4 wires to hook up and still uses a map sensor. The cam is a comp cams piece. And the springs and keepers I believe were crane as well manley pushrods. Meiser electric water pump and a chevy 2 aluminum rad which I'm sure will clear the the hood if I wanted.