Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  kia swap years ?

kia swap years ?

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2269
replies 9
following 7

casual t   +1y
is the 02 and up 2.0l 4cyl. sportage engine bolt in like the 98-01 ? just wondering, sounds like my mazda motor is dying at 207,546 miles.....im gonna do the kia swap i just wanna use the newest engine i can....
mistachalk   +1y
Why not get the engine rebuilt?
casual t   +1y
it seems more economical to just put a newer more powerful less polluting motor in there. ive done the weber carb and custom duals but im killin all the skeeters in a twenty mile radius. call me a hippy but i dont like being a mobile smoke stack......so im thinkin the kia will be the most reliable long lasting option in a newer four cylinder....
paparoach1983   +1y
No unfortunately they have different bolt defile on the engine and tranny so you would have to replace both with new mounts and such. I work for Kia and thought about this idea too but they are day and night different from what I have seen
casual t   +1y
thanks roach !
emjay   +1y
95-02 should be the Mazda FE3 clones.
paparoach1983   +1y

not a prob man just here to help when i can
thebean21   +1y
95 through 02 ARE fe3. Just with different intake and exhaust manifold. Check out my pics. I have a 01 Fe-dohc from a 2wd sportage.
filigree   +1y
easy does it check out this link its a pretty good write up on the swap
thafox   +1y
i dont know about most of you guy's but when it comes to reading i sometimes get lost in the text, no one has pics along with the text? i mean i know it's a simple swap but the only thing that really concern's me is the wiring since i've got a 89 carb'd, everyone just says go megasquirt but this is a daily that i use, i'd like to do the swap in a weekend i figure it can be done but i dont want to mess with the megasquirt since im not out for mega power or anything that's what i have the turbo rx7 for lol
Page 1 of 1