Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  86 13B na swap

86 13B na swap

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1869
replies 5
following 4

mazdalover   +1y
ok so i stopped being lazy and went out and found myself a 86 rx7 gxl as a donor car for my swap and i was wondering if the stock mazda pickup trani will bolt up because the rx7 one is a auto.and will i need to change the fly wheel and what engine mounts should i use........(i know theres other post but they didnt answer my questions...)thanks in advanced
iizuka   +1y
I know that this is an old thread, but since you didn't get any info...

The stock B transmission will work if you use the RX7 manual transmission bell housing and modify the input shaft. Your best bet would be finding an RX7 manual transmission and swaping in the tail housing and shifter feet from the truck's transmission to the RX7's. That's what I'm doing on mine. This way, the transmission will bolt right in (using the original mount) and you will be able to use the truck's original drive shaft.

Now, the motor mounts you will have to make your own. If you find anyone who makes bolt-on ones please let me know!
91extcab   +1y
There used to be a company that made both motor and gamma mounts for the swap... I only came across them once, but haven't been able to find them again... They were like $350 for the set...
iizuka   +1y

I believe that this kit was the one that Dan Atkins had in one of his trucks. That company is no longer in business
mymmeryloss   +1y
The name of the company is Motivefab.

Same mounts i am running, but adam quit making them due to lack of interest!
mazdalover   +1y
wow i havent loged into this web site in a while i actually dide this swap a while back already i ended up makeing my own motor mounts so that i could use some rubber so that it wouldnt be solid mounted..i used the S5 rx7 trani with my b2000 trani tailshaft onit so it would bolt back up the same and i swapped a s4 clutch type lsd differential into it and welded two spacers at the end of the axle so that they would have no play..here are a couple pics of the truck

Page 1 of 1