Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine Swaps \  ok now i'd like to see a diy for the 302 swap

ok now i'd like to see a diy for the 302 swap

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2791
replies 18
following 9

cmiller_10   +1y
lol i have reasearched this for the past couple of weeks. and i cant find any where there is a way to get me started. so if some one could post me up a link it would be perfect. or if some one could make me a thread to look at with a lot of pictures. then i'd appreciate it. thanks guys.
mazdaman82   +1y
there is a few of us on here that has done it..i myself didnt take pics of it that i can put on here.. but i didnt think it was all that hard to do..just wait for it and im sure someone else will get the info you seek
614littleb   +1y
good luck i posted that i got a f150 with a 302, and everyone was mad saying i got a gas guzzler. wish i could help..
mazdaman82   +1y
i like the 302... i like f150 too but i see there side of things with gas pricing going up...but i say ....DO IT!!! lol
cmiller_10   +1y
lol i aint scared of gas prices. def when all you do is 20 bucks at a time.lol and it'll prob just be a weeked/ piss the neighbors off truck. lol i also thought about the 351. a guy told me if you can put the 305 in it you can put the 351. so we will see.
cmiller_10   +1y
also is it true that i'll have to swap the front and rear ends? a guy told me it would be smart to swap in a mustang II front end and rear.
charlesskelter   +1y
No reason to swap the front suspension with that of a mustang II. I'd swap the rear for proper gearing and higher strength.

Swap should be pretty straight forward, but the only one I've done was a 5.0 into a volvo station wagon. We used the engine, trans, harness and ecu from the mustang to power the engine and kept the rest of the electronics for the interior of the Volvo. Had to massage the trans tunnel slightly, enlarge the shifter opening (originally an auto) and add a clutch pedal. Thst was the toughest part. Broke two o.e. Volvo clutch pedals due to the after market clutch that was in it. Thing was one hell of a blast to drive.
cmiller_10   +1y
hmm. i heard that the pot holes and the weight of the motor would destroy the front end of the truck? oh well i have 2.lol i'll keep both and try it out. so now if i'm gettin one that dont have the ecu and all the electricals. then i just gotta swap and bolt right. maybe some cutting hammering reshaping?lol
charlesskelter   +1y
I don't know the weight of our engines or fords, I do know when we pulled the all aluminum inline six the 5.o weighed less than the inline six. It actually slightly raised the front end of the Volvo.

You could always crank up on the torsion bars to get extra lift if need be, our contact a company like firm feel to see if they'll make larger torsion bars for the guys that do swaps and don't go with adjustable suspension. May or may not happen.
cmiller_10   +1y
hmm. i been thinkin about it alot. and there is a guy online that has a full mustang II front end. for 125.. so idk. also i have been wondering with my rear axel. i want to either a keep it 6 lug and put 22s on it or make it a 5 lug and still keep 22s.. but i hear i cant tuck 22 in the 2wd sheet metal. so what is a shorter axel option.