threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine Swaps \  350 Engine Swap Header question?

350 Engine Swap Header question?

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 4485
replies 18
following 9

onebadkota   +1y
Are there any certain headers that need to be ran when doing this swap? I have found some shorty headers that i like and they are a good price....Just didnt know if there were any restrictions???

I do plan on doing a traditional bd on this as well....
oo7bob   +1y
no clue as to how these mid length would work on a bd truck, i had to create a little space in the pass floor, and both were heated and bent in to get off the frame rail

thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

block huggers like these exit right above the cross member but leave enough room to turn under

thread post photo
paparoach1983   +1y
ddang man i am loving the looks of this build more and more
sincitylocal   +1y
With the increase of power from the V8 alone, you should fore-go the header idea and just stick with manifolds.
Running pipes from manifolds will make your life so much easier.
dragginmazda86 (dave)   +1y
Heres a pic of the Sanderson Tight Tuck headers I was gonna run on the truck I was building. They were going to fit great with the setup I was doing.
thread post photo
92mazdab2200   +1y
the block huggers work good? i have manifolds on mine and would like to get something that looks a lil better
v8mazda4ever   +1y
okay best ones to use are the headers used when putting a v-8 in an s-10 the only thing you have to do is modify the drivers side header and tuck it in as in the s-10 the steering goes down through the header and you want to tuck that peice in tight.
bagdb2200   +1y

There's no point in using the S10 swap headers if you have to modify them to work around the Mazda steering shaft. Both the regular shorty headers and the block huggers will work, but the shorty headers you may have to do some extra clearancing on the firewall for them. I had to on my truck.
v8mazda4ever   +1y
so you still have to do some extra work on the fire wall i would rather spend 1 hour cutting the header tube and slide it in to the spot I need and they do fit real well and no mod to the fire wall but either way any headers you use there is going to be some kinda mod work needed to be done even if its wrapping the header and other parts of the exhaust to keep the heat away from any parts.
bagdb2200   +1y
If you're putting a small block in a bodydropped Mazda you already have to modify the firewall. If you run the S-10 swap headers than you have to modify the firewall and modify the headers. Kind of pointless when they make headers that will fit with having to cut them up, especially if you want to run something like polished stainless. If you don't want to have to modify anything extra you can run the block hugger headers.