Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  3.4l stroker

3.4l stroker

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 964
replies 4
following 4

hrdfrntr95   +1y
well.....i got a free runing 2.8l and 5speed trans out of a buddies s10 that we are putting a 454 in but thats another story....and ive always wanted to tinker with these lil 3.4l strokers after seeing one in person.

i know i know....why waste the time....because i want something different...everyone runs 305/307 or 350 or 400 or even 302/289....NO ONE builds a 2.8!!!! LOL

might start it this winter by just getting the motor in the truck and running and then gather up all the stroker parts and pull it this spring to build the stroker.

the 2.8 is nice a nd strong(for how 2.8s go) and fires right up with just a bump of the key...so its a perfect donor and just didnt make any sense to let it go to the scrap yard.

once i get started ill post up a BUILD THREAD....just wanted to let yall know what i got planned...
mazdaman82   +1y
hey why not right... i think go for it it would be cool..
low n slow   +1y
how have you been making out with it did u get it in and running yet?
hrdfrntr95   +1y
the 454 is in and running in the dime but havent done anything with the 2.8 yet.....gota few other things that i have to do before i can spend on the truck.....BUT ITS STILL A PLANNED MOD.....worse comes to worse ill at least get the 2.8 in the truck and running and then gather up all the stuff i need over time to do the 3.4 stroker and then it would be a piece of cake to just snatch it out and rebuild and throw it right back in......
jimbeater   +1y
i'm very interested to see progress on this idea... keep updated please! i have a carbed 2.8, and its good for what it is i guess, but with the little looking that i have done, the 3.4 idea is what i'll be looking into down the road if i want to keep the 4x4 truck going.

i still need to look and see if the carbed 2.8 has the same bolt pattern on the bell housing (i'm thinking of a stock 3.4 out of a '95ish camaro). but if you have links handy, please send info on the stroker 2.8. i'm sure thats what most fiero guys have done right?
Page 1 of 1