Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  Motor transplant, I have some questions

Motor transplant, I have some questions

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 780
replies 3
following 2

minituckinmazda   +1y
Ok so i have a 1991 b2200 2.2 carb'd with an auto tranny. I just got a killer deal on a salvaged a 1987 b2000 with a 2.0 carb'd, it has a 5 speed tranny.

So what i would like to know is will the 2.0 from a 1987 drop into my 1991 2.2? will i have any problems? are the mounts the same and everything?

I also would like to know if it is easy to swap to a 5 speed, are the trans crossmembers the same? driveshafts/u-joints? I know i will have to get the clutch pedal assembly to work. are they cable clutchs or hydo?

Sorry if i confused you guys but any answers and or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
1hotdawg   +1y
Both swaps are no problem and bolt right in. Engines are identical except the stroke is a bit smaller for the B2000, you won't notice.
For the tranny, it is hydro, so you'll need the
clutch master cylinder, located beside the brake master cylinder under the hood,
the slave cylinder which is attached to the side of the tranny,
and the hard and soft lines under the hood, along the firewall, running from the master to the slave.
When getting the pedals, make sure you get the rod that goes through the firewall from the clutch pedal that pushes the master cylinder.

Trust me, once you start to look at this stuff, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about, none of it is hidden really.
minituckinmazda   +1y
Thanks for the fast reply, i got the whole parts truck to work with so it shouldnt be too bad. it has 88k orig. miles with brand new clutch/slave and i got it for a hell of a good price... there should be a punch out for the clutch pedal rod in my firewall correct?
1hotdawg   +1y
I would think so.
Page 1 of 1