Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  2.0 turbo question

2.0 turbo question

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1144
replies 9
following 4

neptune   +1y
been doing a little research on this motor! this is the 87 2.0 fe-t motor same block and head as a 2.0 fe "my engine" and they didn't even use low comp pistons or anything.. the intake and exhaust manifolds bolt directly to it, from what ive read.. oh and bigamigo i looked the part number for the stock b2000 o2 sensor, and it is the same i needed thanks for telling me that man!!!

my question is, should i swap the intake and turbo to my motor? my motor got a lot of new stuff on it would be a shame to just sell it for $500 after i spent almost $1000 having all that done.. when i could swap these parts off the other engine and it would be a lot easier and a lot less work.. would you guys do it?

btw i would only run the stock 7psi since this is only gunna be in it for about a year(unless you recomend i run lower like 4-5psi).. no over boosting for me, not doing it for the power, i just want it for the cool factor LOL

well until my fe-dohc motor is built(which i got for free WHAT?!?!?!?) LOL
neptune   +1y
well, i think i am gunna do it.. ill hook the stuff to my motor, if i blow it i will still have the other one lol

please post your thoughts on this...
vjackowsky210   +1y
I'd go for it, I'm actually thinking about doing the same thing to the 626 motor im throwing in but im gonna try and run around 12lbs of boost. I was gonna grab a mx6 turbo for the original FI motor I had in there but it took a shit on me, so im rebuilding that while I ransack this 626 motor.
neptune   +1y
the good thing about my intake is that it goes over top like the efi engines and the 2600i engines not into the back like f2t and f2's so it is WAY less work and fab, think ill swap the cams tho just in case and once again put new valve stem seals cuz it still smokes a little at start up after the head was rebuilt ugh
mazdaman82   +1y
hell ya dude go for it,id love to turbo a B
bigamigo   +1y
whatever you whant to do but leave the cam alone its a turbo grind not a n/a one whont be as good
neptune   +1y
what i plan on doing is swapping my head onto the turbo block, so the dizzy is in front and there are no clearance issues, and i will have all the oil lines for the turbo, cuz the stock n/a block has no place for the oil return, just a little bulge.. just figured that out tonight.. or ill look into doing something about it.. we'll see as time goes on
neptune   +1y
is it possible to turn the turbo around so the inlet is facing the front of the truck? new to turbos lol. im gettin a intercooler and there isnt much room for the pipes when its facing backwards lol
bigamigo   +1y
if you do a intercooler you will have to retune it asap it is fine the way it is you dont need a cooler for under 15 pounds on that motor
neptune   +1y
called a tuner shop like u said and they said they would chip it for $120 is that over priced or is that good?? i read on mx6 forum that the f2t comp will work instead of the fet comp.. true? i was also thinkin o vj11 swap but i found a thread that proves the only difference between the vj5 and vj11 is the waist gate and the outlet is like 1mm bigger.. i also read this oil/water cooled turbo is very rare in the states and its normally just oil cooled

oh yeah im dumpin this stuff to make some extra cash for the fe-dohc i got.. im keepin everything that relates to the turbo except the cam cuz its reversed, i found a place that will re-grind my cam to work better! and its gunna be super cheap!
Page 1 of 1