threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine Swaps \  Swap for around $1000?

Swap for around $1000?

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2337
replies 15
following 8

1hotdawg   +1y
Alright, tax time is around the corner and I've got to do something engine wise. I'm hoping to budget around $1000 for the swap and make my self happy. To have my stock engine rebuilt professionally, it'll run me $900. To do it my self, it would be around $500-$600 between rebuild kit and block/head work costs.

I really desire FI. I'd love to go turbo, but those options are all expensive compared to my budget. So I think I'm mostly considering these 3 options:

1. Rebuild the stocker. - 80-90 Hp maybe?
2. 626 F2 Engine, (Vtec_motors on Ebay has'm w/o harness and ECU for around $600 shipped, 50k mile engine) - 110-120 HP
3. Kia FE, though could be more costly of the options above, and more work? 160 HP

I'm not after a hotrod per say. I love the turbo idea cuz well, I love turbos lol. Really, I want smooth running reliability, and more power is just a bonus.

Also, hoping to go with a RX7 rearend swap, and eventually put in a RX7 tranny.
dropped90(justin)   +1y
if you are wanting something pretty cheap and reliable and not much work then i would say rebuild the stock engine and gather up all the parts to make it fuel injected.

-justin
heavenly_blade101   +1y
If your ever in northern ontario I have a FI head and intake from a 93 i'd be willing to trade, i would be willing to swap to carb.
1hotdawg   +1y

Stock carb? I've got an 87 with the stock equipment.
heavenly_blade101   +1y
i've got a 93 FI all stock. the injectors are in the head, so its not just an intake swap i belive.
beatmymini   +1y
its probably not going to be in your budget but i've been wanting to do a mpv or 929 3.0 swap with a turbo. its got a turbo and way more power which is a big plus. but like i said it'll probably be a bit more expensive. just trying to some ideas out there.
dzminiz   +1y
Don't think that motor is only gonna have 50k, just because it's JDM
dropped90(justin)   +1y
and if you knew that your new engine was only gonna able to get 50 thousand on it before you had to sell it would you treat it very well? i wouldnt i would drive the dog shit out of it because i just gotta get a new one anyways. things to just keep in mind.

-justin
mazdaman82   +1y

any one have info on doing this iv been whanting to do it too,i know the trans will bolt together but the harness is where i dont know? what all will it take?(not trying to jack just send me to the place with info)
dzminiz   +1y
and they can put more than 50k on their cars/engines in Japan, also