Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  B2200 Motor Swap

B2200 Motor Swap

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 5853
replies 3
following 3

rockinw   +1y
I have a 89 B2200 that now smokes like a forrest fire when it is cold. After it warms up it is pretty good. Looking to install another motor. I just want a bolt in. What other motors and years are likely donors?
rockinw   +1y
What years are in common in the B2200 series motor wise? 88-92 ?? In a local yard they have B's from years 86,87,90,91 and 92. Are all these motors bolt ins for my 89? One better than the others?
will   +1y
Yeah, there all universal. But they all smoke, if im correct there is a way to fix that. Its because of the high nickle content in the motors if i remember correctly. If i were you ide buy your motor from here

Its where i got mine, runs mint they come with like 25-30k miles max. Unless you want to get more fancy and do a top end swap with a turbo and such. Ide get this . Im not sure if you can just bolt that motor right in or if it fits to the tranny but im buying that soon for the bottom end parts and for the head and such. it fits right over are stock 2.2l and its a easy swap. talk with others here im a noob when it comes to this i just pull shit out of my ass
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
they usualy smoke because of old worn out valve guide seals or bad piston rings. mine doesn't smoke a puff of oil smoke, not even on start up or cold days.
Page 1 of 1