threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  Body dropped 306 swap?

Body dropped 306 swap?

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1167
replies 8
following 4

phatkix   +1y
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure the final parts of my swap out. Has anyone put a small block ford in a body dropped truck? I have a 2.5 bd and it looks like the hood clearance is non existent..... The motor from mount to top is about 26 inches. My 2600 motor looks to be 21 or so inches...

My main confusion is that even without my body drop the V8 would not fit under the hood? I see a couple threads on ford v8 swaps but nothing about clearance issues.

Does anyone have this problem or now any info? I've seen a couple swaps in pictures and they look perfect.

Any help would be great, thanks.
diferentone   +1y
i put a 302 in my 87 with a bd. and kept the factory hoods. I did make my own mount and pushed the engine back a few inches. i only had to trim a little bit of the hood frame
paparoach1983   +1y
i know that with my 302 and modified mounts i have stock hod but 1/4 inch clearance. and i dont have a body dropp
phatkix   +1y
Thanks for the info.
paparoach1983   +1y
Not a problem but did you figure it out.
skrapinsask   +1y
Anyone with pictures of their v8 swaps and any other additional install information?
paparoach1983   +1y

here is a link to my truck and i believe i have alot of pics in my gallery as well but mine is a ford 5.0L
phatkix   +1y
I figured that the 5.0L won't fit very easily so I'll go with a turbo 4cyl. instead.
paparoach1983   +1y
mine fits but without a body drop lol. and i dont think youll be dicappointed either way you go just post alot of pics
Page 1 of 1