Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine Swaps \  MAZDA MX-6 head?

MAZDA MX-6 head?

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 2099
replies 11
following 4

will   +1y
MAZDA MX-6 88-92 somone told me i can just take the head and swap it onto my 2.2 true? or do i need to do a full motor conversion. I would rather do this then to swap a hole new motor. Please get back to me
mazdalowandslow   +1y
Ya the head will fit, but youll need the mx6 intake mani, not sure on the exhaust mani, the pacesetters might bolt up , but not sure.
will   +1y
is the mx6 fuel injected? i looked at pics and it looks like it how do i do this lol
futrao   +1y
the mx6 are fuel injected and the pacesseter will bol on too the have the same exhaust pattern as our b-series head only problem ur have to turn ur piston 180 degrees to swap the head as the dual notch side in the piston for the valve are in the wrong side on are engines to work with our heads
will   +1y
Do i need a ecu or anything? even to swap in the turbo and such?
futrao   +1y
ur have to grab the ecu too or go standalone, do u realize even it is a direct bolt on it needs abit of work to make fit properly? like going distributorless or modding the firewall for dizzy clearance?
nytrdr24   +1y

not saying your wrong bro man, but every mazda block I've seen truck or car, the pistons all have the same valve reliefs, and are all installed in the same direction....could be wrong tho....I do know several have been put on the truck blocks, but the fire wall requires clearancing since the dizzy is on the back of the head, that is unless you can source a mazda bongo head, which is the same 12vlv head as the cars, but the dizzy is on the front of the head instead of the back.....
will   +1y
Well i take it i should get the ecu since i dont know what stand alone is lol.
But i have another question if i use a b2600 motor will it give as much horse power? Without the turbo of course. Because if that is true, ill just buy a new one off jdm engine depot.
futrao   +1y
a g6 engine has 121 hp and the motor mounts and trany are differents than the b2200 so ur gonna have to do some fab work to make fit and standalone is an aftermarket ecu like hondata, megasquirt, etc... and a 12 valve f2 engine without the turbo has 110 hp i think ur best bet is doing the mx6 head swap and turboing and make more power 145 hp stock at 7 psi with a standalone and better fuel system u can crank the psi up and make more power just my 2 cents
futrao   +1y

i know i could be wrong but that what some guys said cause on the truck the dual valve reliefs is on the exhaust side and they say as the 12vlv head has 2 intake vlvs u have to turn the piston around but i'm not 100% about this tho then again it might be just rumors