threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Engine Swaps \  how much can a yota rear handle?

how much can a yota rear handle?

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1206
replies 10
following 5

diferentone   +1y
Im going to pick up an 87 toyota rear end and I was wondering how much can it handle ? I just put a 302 with a t5 in my mazda and I want to know if I should even bother putting it in. The 302 is stock for now but I will be adding a few goddies later on.

Thanx in advance
Chris
sierrax   +1y
Should be more than fine just as long as you don't get any wheel hop. I recommend that you don't use lowering blocks, since it gives you even more axle wrap. I used a stock mazda rear end with a 93 5.0 F.I. with no problems after I took out the blocks.
90-b22dawg [andrew]   +1y
i know that v8mazda4ever lance is/was using a pathfinder rear end with a 350cb.... but that rear end is 6 lugged
diferentone   +1y
Well id like to go 5 lug because i would have more wheel options and well im getting the yota rear for only $20. I just wanna know if it will handle the 302
bigamigo   +1y
yes it will be fine no diff from 6 lug to 5 lug exept gear ratio and lug pattern and 4 cyl is very strong and a v6 is just a tinny bit biger ring and pinion but same axles trust me i build yotas every day and we run v-6's and v-8's with 36 -38 binch tires and we dont break them
diferentone   +1y
Sweet thanx bigamigo. I just picked it up $20 for rear end and drive shaft. It even has lugnuts on it
immortal1 (linn)   +1y
Good deal, I knew someone on hear would have the right answer.
diferentone   +1y

yeah thats why i love this site. thanx
diferentone   +1y
now i gotta find all the parts to rebuild this thing. i cant seem to find a complete kit. any suggestions
bigamigo   +1y
trail gear , marlin crawler