Page 1 of 3
Mazda Engine Swaps \  626 motor

626 motor

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 4224
replies 23
following 12

mazdalowrider   +1y
i was thinking about putting this engine in my mazda and was wanting to know how good these motors are on boost and what all needs to be done to get it in
v8xcab   +1y
Are you trying to use 4 cyl. or V6? I'd like to see something done like that. I have a friend who wants to make a front wheel drive Mazdawg...I've had both motors (93-99 2.0s and 2.5s) and they both kick ass. All I drive is Mazdas. However the V6 is easy to get turbo pipes for. If you want header for the 4 cyl. you must look up focus and 2.0l probe stuff. Some people actually sell for the Mazda but hard to find. Good luck to you!
futrao   +1y
what year 626 ur looking at? i know the 88-92 mx6, 626, and probe f2t or f2 engine are a bolt on but they nice quick a bit of work the get firewall and tb cleareance but there fun in a mazdawg
con$truktive   +1y
what do u do about the dizzy which cums out the back of the head
can u swap heads so dizzy cums out front left of the motor
i was thinkn of this conversion but unsure due to dizzy placement
or
do u guys jus make clearances to firewall?
i hope ur talkn about the fwd 626
i have found a 929 1986 HB which is rear wheel drive seems to have same motor as a b2200!

can anybody help me out here??????????
dropped90(justin)   +1y
if you plan on doing this you will either have to go with a standalone ignition system and do away with the dizzy or get a 12 valve head off of a bongo engine which will put the dizzy in its factory location. all these engines you speak of are the f2 block which is what is in the truck.

-justin
bigamigo   +1y
thoutght id throw up a pic of this very engine going in going to raise the trans a inch lower the moter 3/4 inch and push the whole thing forward 1" , also rotating the dizzy 1/4 turn will give me the clearance i need . will also let me plug in the coolant temp senser on the back of the water neck, also before you put it in change the pan to a standerd on off youre truck motor and the pick up so you can clear the crossmember hope this helps will start a thread when i do it all to help others out
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo
neptune   +1y
im also trying to do this, would like to see more pics
bigamigo   +1y
will post pics toomorow just got done puting my motor back in it was a breeze i moved the whole motor and trnas foe=rward a 1-1/2" and vwollaw it fits
neptune   +1y
cool thanks man!
gforcefd   +1y
What about the 2.5 KL engine out of a 98 626 can this engine bolt to the B2200 transmission? Anyone know?