views 1527
replies 7
following 3

blue2600ion20s   +1y
what motor mounts do i need to put a small block chevy in a 2600i
Slotz   +1y
Bump
geterdun   +1y
i used late model '70's car mounts Chevy. Make a "channel" iron brackets for the mounts to sit in (slide the bolt through), it will sit on your original frame engine mount pad if you go v-6.
Put on engine, put in, get it where you want it (v-8 you will have to be creative or cut off pads from the frame and move them mounting pads forward), let engine down, crawl under truck and mark where to drill the holes through the frame mount pads.
You can add 50 horsepower (almost fifty per cent increase) with most stock v-6 and drop in fit, used original radiator.
Post was last edited on Sep 19, 2016 01:09. This post has been edited 2 times.
Ricko1966   +1y
i used late model '70's car mounts Chevy. Make a "channel" iron brackets for the mounts to sit in (slide the bolt through), it will sit on your original frame engine mount pad if you go v-6.
Put on engine, put in, get it where you want it (v-8 you will have to be creative or cut off pads from the frame and move them mounting pads forward), let engine down, crawl under truck and mark where to drill the holes through the frame mount pads.

Are you talking you used factory chevy steel clam shells on the engine with channel iron bolted to it set on a stock mazda mount? I do not understand. What clam shells are you running? What frame mounts are you running?
geterdun   +1y
When you look at any small block , V8 70's (I am familiar with these years) engine mount, you will see it fits in a U shaped bracket with a bolt through it. The U shaped brackets bolted to a engine mount 4.3 V6, will sit on the original welded in the truck engine mount pads. After engine is positioned in truck, transmission tail raised to position, all left to do is one of two things. Weld U brackets in place or, as I did, use soap stone to mark through the truck engine mount pads where to drill bolt holes in the U brackets. Raise engine remove U brackets, drill holes, reinstall.
Ricko1966   +1y
Speedway Motors 91018212 mount kit is what I was going to use. Still will if I go SBC.
Post was last edited on Jun 20, 2018 02:06. This post has been edited 2 times.
geterdun   +1y
That is a way to go.
This way (will not work so simple for V8) for a V6 requires: two 4" square by 1/4" thick plates of steel and the four (two per plate) ears as total cash output, and of course any bolts, washes, lock washes, nuts needed.
post photo
Page 1 of 1