Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  HELP swaping 2.6 for 2.2

HELP swaping 2.6 for 2.2

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 845
replies 6
following 3

doughboystoy   +1y
my 2600i blew up and I found a 2200 will everythig bolt back together? including wiring harrness and fuel injection??? thanks for any help.
idropdit (brandon)   +1y
i don't think so.. but not positive. i know the 2200 is carbed, not FI. but i think trannys or bell housings are different as well? like i said, not sure but i think this is right.
doughboystoy   +1y
computer is trying to crash!
Post was last edited on Feb 27, 2009 12:02. This post has been edited 1 times.
elbine69   +1y
No it wont bolt back together. 2200 and 2600 engine mounts are different as well as transmissions. Nothing is really the same between the two engines. Best bet is to find a 2.6 motor, unless you want to swap all the wiring,transmission, driveshaft as well as weld in different engine mounts.
doughboystoy   +1y
Thanks I may go threw with the trouble because I have a complete running truck with 2.2 but no title. But then again I have a running chevy 350 with tranny and a driveshaft thats already been modified for the 350. How much more trouble would the 350 swap be? being I already have those parts???
elbine69   +1y
If its a carbed 350 its as easy as welding in new mounts and running a few wires.
doughboystoy   +1y
Yea it is . Ive just got to pull it out of the car its in now. Will I still be able to lay out ???
Page 1 of 1