threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  Need some info on general engine swaps...

Need some info on general engine swaps...

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 1340
replies 8
following 5

powang   +1y
I need some basic information on what i would need for a swap? I want to swap a STI engine (or somthing else which is Turbo, AWD) Is this type of swap even doable? I mean would i need the STI computer, sensors, ecu, ect, ect? Thanks for any info and help you can give me on this.
Dee
mazda2guy   +1y
good luck.... would be nice to see though, check out street source or minitruckin i know there are some trucks with mitsu motor gsx and s2000 motor but but about awd dont know
elbine69   +1y
If you wanted to keep the awd youd need to build a new front and rear frame clip at least, probably custom axles as well
powang   +1y
Yea, i know i would need motor mounts, axels and all that crap. Guess im just wondering about the electronics to make the engine run? Do i use the sti computer? and what about all the sensors and crap? What about a rotary swap? would i need the rx7 computer and sensors and ?

Thanks again.
Dee
nytrdr24   +1y
best thing to do if you want awd is get a whole sti, then you'll have it all, drivetrain, wiring, & computers...now if you want a rotary, a 12a doesn't need an ecu, and some of the early carb'd 13b, but past that, you'll either need the wiring harness & ecu, or do a stand-a-lone...
mazda2guy   +1y
NYTRDR24
just like he said that is ur best bet find a wreckd but not to bad or someting that way u have everything u need as far as electrical goes. i would honestly not go the sti way just cause they are a headace dont get me wron love that damn car but damn that motor is just a pain in the ass have u ever taken one apart wicked crazy
powang   +1y
Im not set on a STI engine, mainly the awd part. So an older gsx would work and im sure there are other choices. I was just confused to what all i would need. Finding an older wrecked gsx shouldnt be to hard. In the long run ill probably end up doing a rotary. Thanks for you help guys.
Dee
mazda2guy   +1y
well u see the motor is going to be the easy part as far as going just wit the rx7 motor but but by going with a gsx type all wheels drive drivetrain then that is going to be the most difficult part setting up the frontend go to you tube and i think there is a guy that has it but i think its just a rear wheel drive but it insanely fast smokes the wheels like with no prob ill try to find it
tattoo13   +1y
So you guys r going with the rx7 rotorary motor? What year rx7 or does it matter? Is that the easiest engine swap? Where would I look to find that engine? Im new to this whole thing so any help I ca get would be greatly appreciated.
Page 1 of 1