Page 1 of 1
Mazda Engine Swaps \  1996 bravo 2x4 B2600i engine swap for SR20

1996 bravo 2x4 B2600i engine swap for SR20

Mazda Engine Swaps Mazda Engine Mazda Tech
views 6810
replies 7
following 7

bravo-perner   +1y
hi i am very serious about putting a SR20 in my 1996 2x4 Mazda bravo B2600i i have rung around diff companies and asked their opinion and they say it would be the easiest motor to put into my car. can anyone shed some light on this subject and tell me what i might have to do to get it in ? please please please!
thanking in advance!
speed171king   +1y
i wana put a sr20 in my b2200 too i think theres a couple threads about doing it
bravo-perner   +1y
yeah. the drive train would have to be modified but if i get a front cut i will just replace all the engine bay shit and would have to fiddle with the engine mounts to suit the engine then can rock up at the lights and give her a few little revs to another car and they can be like wanna drag ? and i say my car against your hunk of crap? ... ok haha then put it into second and fang it HAHAHAHA!!
slo_nlo   +1y

well... here is a RB20 swapped Mazda. Not mine, a local guy from my City built it. He's done all kinds of insane swaps (Cadillac Northstar V8 in a VW golf (TRANSVERSE MOUNTED FWD!), a beautiful 1.8T Rabbit GTI, and many others.

Check his site out if you want. I bought my F2t off him that I'm swapping into my B2200. He's a busy guy, but always seems to be willing to let someone pick his brain. Smart guy. Maybe he'd be able to give you a pointer or two if you need. E-mail and stuff is on the site?

phatkix   +1y
Found any new info about this swap? I'd like to drop in an sr20 also. Badass motors!
skrapinsask   +1y
Follow an sr20 swap for an s13 nissan 240sx
its only like 10 wires into that nissan
and shouldnt be to hard to figure out because
there are over 50 write ups on that swap
gregfarz78   +1y
Wiring will be a snap, the hardest part will be fabbing the mounts. Go to nicoclub.com if you need info on the SR20 engine and swaps
bk2minis   +1y
I did a type-x sr20 swap in my old 240, as far as I can remember there were only 8 wires to splice. Getting the motor to run is easy it's gonna be getting the gauges to work. I have thought of this swap for a while, my thoughts were to use the Nissan factory gauges and wiring.

I've done a few swaps like on honda's and old Chevys and I think the sr into the 240 is the easiest. It's almost plug and play
just be sure to get that sr plenty of gas. Lean and force fed=problems

also just so ya know , cause no one told me the sr's mass air flow is very sensitve
Page 1 of 1