Page 1 of 1
Mazda Interior \  Stalking made easy??

Stalking made easy??

Mazda Interior Mazda Tech
views 889
replies 5
following 5

getnpsi   +1y
I own a ford festiva as well as this 1988 b2200 I aquired about a month ago. On the festiva you can sometimes use other mazda pieces to gain INT wipers and cruise etc. I do read on here that there are 4 and 5 wire switch versions, but has anyone sucessfully taken a piece from a MPV 626, 323 or items off the full assembly and used on their truck? I plan to head to the self service yards and at least get a direct replacement, but im not scared of a little legwork to get a stalk that has the dial switch for INT wipers, make it look a little better.

I do notice that member cusser is pretty good at documenting surgeries such as this, but a list of what to buy and what is a no-go is a point in the right direction as well.
ulrich   +1y
I installed some other Mazda's assembly to get intermittent on my B. I had to use some parts off my original switch in the "new" assembly. Sorry, I don't recall exactly what I did. It wasn't very difficult.

The assembly probably came off another B. IDK for sure; I got it on feeBay.

All you need is the switch assembly. Everything else is already in place.
emjay   +1y
someone on one of the forums said that the stalk from an MPV is a direct fit on the B series, and has intermittent. I can't find the information stating this though at the moment, so this is only word of mouth.
getnpsi   +1y
The mpv relocates the hazard switch, and was a fuse blower when I tried to put it in a 1993 festiva as-is. If I go get pin outs ill share the outcome if I use not b-series to replace my retarded one.
Cusser   +1y

Well, I think in reality I just stumbled upon that there were both 4 and 5-terminal headlight switches, AFTER I bought a potential spare/fix for my headlight switch and discovered that the 5-terminal switch I purchased would need me to make a wire adapter or solder wires to make work in my truck. So I sold that locally after getting a used 4-terminal for myself (which I still haven't installed, I am using a hidden under-column toggle still, been lazy). So I posted photos of the two types.

Later, Axel Breaker Earl posted a nice write up of how to take apart and clean the contacts to save/restore the headlight switch, which I will try next time I have the column apart (and install the spare if that doesn't work out).

Most of the combination I have personally seen in the yards here do have intermittent wiper, that's a direct swap in. Factory cruise control requires other parts beyond a combination switch equipped for that, I believe a few year have installed the whole thing on theirs. I happen to have aftermarket cruise control on my B2200 (and on my 2004 Frontier).
anguswilly   +1y
OK well if someone could document the part needed, that would be great, I do have a new combo switch assy. sitting there for one day, but if I can get int. wipers then bring it on!!!
Page 1 of 1