Page 1 of 1
Mazda Interior \  gauge

gauge

Mazda Interior Mazda Tech
views 713
replies 6
following 4

lowmazda1987   +1y
my gas gauge and temp gauge is not working i have checked fuses any other ideals would be a lot of help
sincitylocal   +1y
You're gonna have to pull the sender. Most likely, the wiper arm is worn and is no longer making contact with the resitance windings.
dan woodland   +1y
You may need to replace the temp sending unit.

scotch   +1y

Did both gauges stop working at the same time? If so, then you have probably lost the voltage regulator in the speedo cluster. No, not your primary voltage regulator. It's a regulator that reduces the voltage to a reference voltage for those two gauges.

Before you pull the cluster or even the senders, unplug the temp sender and put one lead of your multi-meter on the connecter and the other on ground and see what voltage you get. I don't remember what you are suppose to see, but I think was 7 volts or or maybe 5v. If you are getting something substantially less (or nothing,) then that would confirm a bad regulator.

Make sure you turn the key to the "ON" position and make sure you put the multimeter on the gauge sender (the one with only one wire) and not the sender for the computer (with two wires.)
Post was last edited on Mar 13, 2014 12:03. This post has been edited 1 times.
dan woodland   +1y
Ya learn something every day!!!
sincitylocal   +1y
Wow, I just skimmed the OP and missed the temp gauge completely. Sorry!
lowmazda1987   +1y
thanks for the ideals i will check tomorrow
Page 1 of 1