Page 1 of 2
Mazda Interior \  custom seats...lol

custom seats...lol

Mazda Interior Mazda Tech
views 2267
replies 11
following 6

naya337   +1y
my factory seats are broken and worn down, i wanna replace them for something simple i can get at a J.Y. Anyone know of simple seats i can rig on my hoopty without it being too much trouble? dont feel like searching/reading anymore. i have a welder (doesnt mean i can weld, but my grinding is beautiful!) t.y. for any input.
spacemonkee23   +1y
I've got 2001 dodge neon seats in mine. 3 out of 4 line up and that's how I have it now, works great and the color matches perfect.

the only con is that they don't fold forward.

thread post photo

thread post photo

I have since relocated and replaced the sub with 2x10"s
thread post photo
lsonboost   +1y
I wonder if 2 door neon seats would be the right choice then? Are they comfy?
horridum   +1y
I think my seats are from a prelude?
They're pretty decent, drivers side has lower lumbar, height adjustment, and an arm rest.
thread post photo
91extcab   +1y
Second gent rx7 seats bolt onto b series rails with little modification and no welding.
horridum   +1y
Guess supra seats fit too
mymmeryloss   +1y

Ding ding ding. This is what im running
91extcab   +1y
That's what have in the flatbed, checked the seats on a whim at the junkyard since there happened to be a b2200 sitting next to a second gen rx7. The 7 rails are shaped weird and wouldn't work, but the b series rails were close enough to the holes in the 7 seat pan
spacemonkee23   +1y

They are a ton more comfy then the torn up bench I had before. I love em so far... There are many seats that will fit with little mods. I suggest hitting up the JY and sitting in a few to get a good idea of what you like. I like the Neon seats also because they are a little thinner so I could relocate my door pockets to the rear of the door and my 6.5 speakers in the door. Plus it gives more room for a custom center console when I'm ready to tackle that project.

Like so... clears the seat with the door closed by about a half inch.
thread post photo
mymmeryloss   +1y

The rx7 seats mount on the tranny tunnel but they do line up on the b series rails nicely