Page 1 of 1
Mazda Interior \  Need turn signal / combination switch help

Need turn signal / combination switch help

Mazda Interior Mazda Tech
views 1130
replies 5
following 5

chadwick3nser   +1y
I have a 1987 mazda b2000 and when I bought my truck the turn signals would go up or down but I'd have to turn them off after I turned. Then for a drive they started canceling themselves but when I turned it would turn the other turn signal on. Well this didn't last long because something snapped and the turn signal went limp and won't stay up so the left turn signal is always on. I pulled the cover to discover a little white plastic piece broke in half and a little black spring in the bottom of the cover. Turn signal still works but I have cut a piece of styrofoam and put it under the lever to hold it up and just hold it down or up to turn. Please help. Do I need a new combination switch? Will this fix the whole problem? And how hard are they to put in?
lifewontwait   +1y
i got a combination switch i'll sell you for cheap
is yours a 5 pin one?
Cusser   +1y
Yes, you need a new switch. If you do the whole combination switch replacement, as lifewontwait stated: you'll need to know whether the headlight part of the switch you have is 4-terminal (white) or 5-terminal (black). Or just swap in what you need.
magoo13183   +1y
I realize that this is an older thread, but I too just recently had the same problem. I broke my switch installing the ignition switch. I had no problems swapping parts and electronics over, but my headlights constantly remain on, and now I have seemed to lost power to my coil (thinking the ignition switch is bad again).
dan woodland   +1y
Did you replace the ignition harness when you replaced the switch? If you changed over the switch and attached the old harness to it; did the sensor come off the switch? It's installed by those small push/pinch washers.

magoo13183   +1y
Yes, the ignition switch I bought came with about 2 feet of iwires and I distinctly remember reinstalling those push washers... my coil and plugs were firing until I installed the new headlight/turn sign switch...
Page 1 of 1