Page 1 of 1
Mazda Interior \  the standard bolt size for seats in an 88 HB2200

the standard bolt size for seats in an 88 HB2200

Mazda Interior Mazda Tech
views 1322
replies 9
following 4

xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Hello, i'm new to the forums and site here, but can't wait jump in on discussions and get help, seen plenty great trucks and given me many ideas, but well im a little lost. I just bought a 1988 Mazda B2200 cab plus 2wd, and the drivers seat is missing a bolt that mounts it to the slide rails. now t's not a terrible issue but eventually it could warp n bust my seats insides, i would like to know what size bolts these are, not very many mazdas junked in my area already called around. any info would be much appreciated, thank you.
dan woodland   +1y
It's not wise to drive around with a loose seat... for obvious reasons.

If you can't find one PM me and we'll get you covered. Dan
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Thanks, and surprisingly it doesn't have much wiggle in stopping or turning, just when moving the seat forward or back to access the back of the cab, but like you said still not very safe, never know what will happen. But i have a few more junkyards to check tomorrow ran out of time today.
dan woodland   +1y
It moves ore than you think. Movement kills, remember they were designed not to move at all.

xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Very true, don't plan on driving it further than from where i bought it than to my house, doing a complete brake job hoses lines etc, so it will have some down time, and hopefully i'll find the bolt by then.
kovz   +1y
While the truck is down, I'd take another seat bolt out, drive another vehicle to the hardware store and find a match.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
Thanks Kovs, i'm not sure i have a small mom n pop hardware store around here, i just wasn't too sure if i could do that, as in if it had to be a certain thread or not. never really messed with seats in a vehicle before, but appreciate it. and well no luck at the junkyards around here, no seats but a few trucks for other parts if ever need them. so i'll probably stop on my home at the hardware store, just take my toolbox with me an take it out there.
spacemonkee23   +1y
I would use proper Automotive Grade 8 bolts. Just in case you are in an accident you wont have to worry about snapping any bolts. If you can hit up the Junk Yard grab some out of a 90's-ish MPV minivan's front seats... same bolts, all you need is a Phillips screw driver for the plastic cover they have and a 14mm socket wrench. I used them on mine when I put buckets in. If anything take your bolt in with you and match the threads just to be sure. Worked on mine without problems and looked exactly the same.
kovz   +1y
Agreed go with grade 8 bolts. Home Depot and lowes would probably have them as well.
xxchromeghostxx   +1y
thanks guys for the info, will be going by lowes or home depot sometime this weekend, may also have found some bucket ( stock ) seats from a WRX STI, not sure about bolt up patterns and what not but , i have a few friends who'd be able help me make mounts and brackets. most likely have them in a fixed position as i'm only driver and have rails on passenger seat. but that'll be done way down the road, just getting the seats at a steal 50 bucks a piece can't pass it up. again thanks for all information on these bolts for the seat. and i'm sure i'll be posting for more help later on an tips hints etc.
Page 1 of 1