threads
Page 1 of 2
Mazda Interior \  Manual passenger window wont roll up..

Manual passenger window wont roll up..

Mazda Interior Mazda Tech
views 1887
replies 10
following 4

swampdonkey   +1y
Both windows have been hard to roll up today I went to roll the pass side wont go up. Seems like a gear slipping. The turn handle isnt stripped. I took the panel off and see tiny cable hanging in there, Is this a common problem? Any DIY fix or do I need to replace the crank gear?
dan woodland   +1y
Might be your window channel not the crank, mechanism or gears, since both act the same. Window channel is the soft part the window rides in.
swampdonkey   +1y
Its not the window channel for sure.
dan woodland   +1y
Use spray lithium grease down the window channel? See if it helps, you'd be surprised how much the window channel drags the window down. Other than that it may be the window regulator.

Thinking of another option... does the glass tilt in the door? If it does it's probably the front steel channel welds have broken.

If you determine it's either the front steel window channel, the window channel, or the regulator I have all of those available - I'm not trying to sell you parts but they will be at a reasonable price plus shipping. Dan
swampdonkey   +1y
Its a manual window setup, I think I need the window crank. When I try to turn the handle I can feel it slipping. I also see a cable in there, Any Idea what thats for? I also would purchase the parts from you if you have what I need.
dan woodland   +1y
As long as the window (the glass) is not rocking in the door (front to back of the vehicle) it is probably the window regulator.

This is what it looks like... it is probably the cable you are seeing - the realy thin one in this picture.

thread post photo

Here is the regulator.

thread post photo

thread post photo

Check your PMs. Dan
axel breaker earl   +1y
The exterior rubber weatherstrip on these trucks get rock hard and press against the glass and this adds some strain to the regulator inside the door as your rolling the window up & down.......PLUS, the window channel shrinks when it gets old so it gets shorter between the two corners.....one being the 90
swampdonkey   +1y
You sir sure do know your Mazdas! Everything you said and pictured is correct! My truck isnt worth the $50 per piece thats for sure! I would like to know the poor mans fix and price of the regulator. PM sent!
axel breaker earl   +1y
The poor man's fix on the window channel is to take the window channel out of the door at the top of the window only........you want to do this somewhere along the top of the door where it is horizontal so that way you have less of a chance at it leaking there.......and cut the window channel rubber with a pair of scissors or utility cutters like these......

thread post photo

.....all the way through. Then pop it back into it's channel in the upper door frame and push the two pieces away from each other so that both of the corners line up as they should. The 90
swampdonkey   +1y
Thank you sir! i will try this.