Page 1 of 1
Mazda Interior \  1998 Mazda B2500 Suspension part identification

1998 Mazda B2500 Suspension part identification

Mazda Interior Mazda Tech
views 2121
replies 5
following 2

aquariustiger   +1y
Anybody know what this rusted part is and how to replace them?
These were taken from behind the driver side rear wheel, facing out towards the gate.You can just make out the spare tire!
thread post photo

thread post photo

There's one on each suspension and don't want to mess with it before some safety advice.
dan woodland   +1y
That is basically a Ranger, I have a 97, that is just a suspension hanger. There is a bushing at each bolt. If you want to disconnect them you'd better take the tension off the leaf spring first. Jack her up and support it on jack stands. Dan
aquariustiger   +1y

So just to get this straight to replace the Rear Leaf Spring Hangers:
All I have to do is lift the back off the ground and support it with some jack stands then the leaf springs will release their tension.Then I would be able to; with a little effort; easily unbolt the bolts and replace the hangers.
Sounds funky easy....is it?
dan woodland   +1y
Well not so fast/easy... you'll need to support the leaf spring too. Lifting the truck will relieve the spring tension, or unload the suspension, but it will still have tension on it from gravity. You remove that main bolt it could to fall/move. Injury is possible so be careful and pay attention.

When i did my B2200 I did one end of one spring at a time. Here's how I did my B.

I've not done a Ranger yet but I'm certain it's very similar to other vehicles and the B2200 I did last summer.

If you are mechanically inclined it shouldn't be too tough, if you've never done something like this you might want to get help.
dan woodland   +1y
Actually you can support the whole assembly using the pumpkin... sorry it's late.
aquariustiger   +1y

What the hell is the pumpkin?
Anyways, could I just tie the leafs with some rope to a support on the truck and then replace the Hangers?
All I need to know is that after I lift the truck from the ground, tie the leafs to some upper support,that when removing the hanger this thing is not going to slap me DEAD! LOL

I've done brake rotor,valve cover gasket,alternator & AC compressor replacements before.So I have some moderate tools,but have never done anything with this much tension.
Page 1 of 1