Page 1 of 1
Mazda Interior \  Please help with this im compleatly lost dome light will not

Please help with this im compleatly lost dome light will not

Mazda Interior Mazda Tech
views 722
replies 3
following 4

joesalerno43   +1y
I have a 1992 mazdab2200 and when I open the doors the dome lights do not turn on I took out and cleaned the door switches its not those. The switch to turn them on manually works but in the on when doors open mode nothing the truck was doing this a while but randomly would work what is broke? Iv never been more stumped in my life ever!!! The floor boards are pretty beat but I don't believe it caused this I'm thinking under the hood a ground is loose please give your opinion as this is driving me crazy.
Cusser   +1y

Did you actually test those switches for operation (continuity) while you had those removed ?

Did you check the wire going to them ?

Did you check the door switch wire that goes to your dome light switch ?

Did you actually check the dome light switch for continuty/operation? You've ruled out the bulb being the issue, but it is a 3-position switch.

I'm assuming single cab so only one dome light on yours, but figure if yours is Cab Plus, that neither operates.

A 12 volt test light (about $6) can help your troubleshooting. But better yet is the $11.49 digital multimeters now on sale at Sears, I'd run down there and get one if you don't have one (I have three).

Do you have a wiring diagram available? That would help you tons.
jc50942   +1y
a test light or if you will use it...a power probe 3 is an Awesome addition to any tool box..spendy...but you just hook it to the battery then you can apply power and ground with the flick of switch. I lovve mine.
cab+rider   +1y
In the General Tech post you did, I mentioned to bypass the door switch and connect directly to chassis ground. Also is it a Cab Plus or Standard Cab?
Page 1 of 1