Page 1 of 1
Mazda Interior \  seat belt swap.

seat belt swap.

Mazda Interior Mazda Tech
views 2546
replies 9
following 6

ulrich   +1y
If you're swapping belts, be sure to get the whole set.

My drivers side seat belt was getting quite frayed. I pulled a undamaged one out of a '91 SE5 extracab B2600. Turns out the foolish latch is different. Back to the JY today, for the buckles, and passenger side belt.

The SE5/ bucket seat buckles have plastic covers over the bolts, so slightly nicer looking than my base/ bench OE parts. Nice, as I run first gen RX7 buckets.

Also picked up: Drivers side vent with all louvers intact and moving together, undamaged dash speaker cover, sliding rear window, and one of those window shade like, luggage covers from an Isuzu Trooper. With a little work I should be able to fit the cover in my shell.
dan woodland   +1y
Good point, I've noticed a bunch of differences between a standard cab and extended cab parts. I originally thought they would use the same parts but NOPE. Also from year to year they changed some small parts/options too like the fresh air selector door sealing material...
Cusser   +1y
I had posted, with some photos, on "another board", photos of at least three types of seat belt buckles I've seen on B-trucks:

Think this is from a 1992 Cab Plus front

This is from a 1992 Cab Plus rear (my 1988 Cab Plus has only lap belts in the rear)
dan woodland   +1y
"Another board?" What board is that, the smurfsRus.com?
charlesskelter   +1y
Do any of them NOT ride up on you while driving? I hate that crap.
ulrich   +1y
My original release, buttons were on the side. The "new" buckles have the button on top. I'll post pics in a day or so.
ulrich   +1y
thread post photo

thread post photo

thread post photo

SE5 belts installed in base model.

You can see the plain bolt ends on the base/bench belts, Vs the plastic covered bold ends on the SE5/bucket belts.

Note: black electrical spiral wrap used to replace damaged cover, on original belt. Quick, cheap, easy.
1oldkid   +1y
Another thing to watch for is that the size of the front reel units change from 90 to 91 to 92/93 and are not interchangeable. I've got 2 extra sets of front belts that I can't use in my 92 because I didn't check that out.
ulrich   +1y

I got lucky. My truck and the JY truck are both 1991 models. The reels are not identical, but the replacements fit just fine.
steve@az   +1y
Good info to know. My latches are pretty floppy, and the little piece that keeps the buckle plate from sliding to the floor is gone... definitaly need to go to the JY this weekend!
Page 1 of 1