threads
Page 1 of 1
Mazda Interior \  Where is the Dimmer Switch located?

Where is the Dimmer Switch located?

Mazda Interior Mazda Tech
views 2440
replies 7
following 4

crazyminis   +1y
Tried searching the forums and didnt see anywhere where someone says exactly where the dimmer switch is. basically i need to bypass it and see whats shorting out. my brake lights and headlights work but my running lights and my dashlights dont.
86_b2k_runner   +1y
the dimmer switch is on the bezel that goes around the the gauge cluster
crazyminis   +1y
yeah i feel retarded for asking that one but what i was really trying to figure out what is between the dimmer switch box and the fuze box?
kovz   +1y
Try replacing the dimmer switch. I had the same problem... read here:

crazyminis   +1y
Sweet that helped out on getting me more familiar with it. i unplugged the switch and replaced the fuze under the steering wheel and it still blows the fuze instantly. I dont really want to do this but im thinkin im going to have to pull the whole dash out and see if the wire has worn bare and grounding out somewhere.
crazyminis   +1y
So after getting face deep under the dash i ended finding out that my taillight/dimmer wires has fried the one wire all the way from the main wire box/joint box(under the air tubing). Now theres an exposed wire going toward the firewall then branches off to the steering column. dash coming out this weekend for sure now...
mazdaman82   +1y
dang that sux...glad you the prob though
crazyminis   +1y
yeah for sure, the pain in the ass is rewiring it straight to the harness
Page 1 of 1